1 Corinthians 11
- Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord.
- A person should examine himself, and so eat the bread and drink the cup.
- For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself.
- That is why many among you are ill and infirm, and a considerable number are dying.
- If we discerned ourselves, we would not be under judgment;
- but since we are judged by (the) Lord, we are being disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world.
Epistula I ad Corinthios 11
27 Itaque, quicumque manducaverit panem vel
biberit calicem Domini indigne, reus erit corporis et sanguinis Domini.
28 Probet autem seipsum homo, et sic de pane illo edat et de calice bibat;
29 qui enim manducat et bibit, iudicium sibi manducat et bibit non diiudicans corpus.
30 Ideo inter vos multi infirmi et imbecilles et dormiunt multi.
31 Quod si nosmetipsos diiudicaremus, non utique iudicaremur;
32 dum iudicamur autem, a Domino corripimur, ut non cum hoc mundo damnemur.